Does this describe you?
- You are struggling with Shoulder Pain and are not sure what to do or who to ask.
- You are frustrated that your Shoulder Pain is stopping you from doing the things you love.
- You are having difficulty sleeping because of your Shoulder Pain and this is affecting your energy and wellbeing during the day.
- You are taking painkillers or other medication for your Shoulder Pain and would like to stop.
- You are starting to worry that this isn't ever going to get better as episodes of your Shoulder Pain are getting more frequent and taking longer to go.
Shoulder Pain causes lack of concentration, poor sleep, bad temper and generally makes life exceedingly difficult.
- Are you struggling to do any task where you have to raise your arm? Combing your hair, putting your bra on or taking it off, getting things out of high cupboards, reaching for your seatbelt in the car, hanging out washing, and forget changing light bulbs. The list goes on.
- Shoulder pain can be in the muscles on the top of the shoulder and be associated with neck pain. (see neck pain) Or it can be in the shoulder joint itself where the pain will restrict movement of the arm. Either way this makes ordinary everyday tasks both painful and difficult. It also interferes with your sleep as it becomes increasingly difficult to get comfortable in bed.
- Here at Afon House our highly experienced team are dedicated to serving the local community in Salisbury and surrounding areas helping Shoulder Pain sufferers just like you get back to doing the things they love.
If you would like to know more
Use the blue box on this page to Get your Copy of the Afon House Shoulder Pain Information Pack This is our approach to Shoulder Pain. The pack includes 5 Simple Ways to Relieve Shoulder Pain at Home.
Or go to our online booking page to book in for a FREE TELEPHONE CHAT with one of our Registered Chiropractors to discuss your problem.
Chiropractic works to gently restore normal motion of the shoulder and relieve the pain.
Frozen shoulder, rotator cuff issues and impingement can be treated.
First Aid for Shoulder Pain
For pain in muscles on the top of the shoulders, see Neck Pain and the recommended stretches.
For pain in the actual joint of the shoulder the most effective relief will be from a cold pack. The joint is irritated and inflamed and needs to be cooled down. Wrap a cold pack (a bag of frozen peas works well) in a couple of tea towels and wrap it around the outer corner of your shoulder for 20 minutes only. Put it back in the freezer for at least an hour to allow the skin of your shoulder to recover, then repeat. If the cold pack is too cold, put another tea towel around it. This will help. Don’t use heat. If you are taking medication for the pain, it will be an anti-inflammatory drug – to cool things down. If you use the medication with heat, you will be cancelling one out with the other! Use a cold pack to enhance the effect of the medication.
Still getting pain?
If you have tried resting it but the pain comes back again as soon as you push it, come in and see us.